Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC ("we", "us" and "our") operates this and related websites and any content made available from or through the websites, including any subdomains thereof, or any related smartphone or mobile applications (the "Site(s)"), and the services offered on or in relation to the Sites, including news, providing information, sponsored programs, advertising, email communications, continuing medical education and discussion boards and forums (the "Services").
This Statement was last revised October 1, 2019.
1. Collecting Information
We collect information that users provide through registration on our Sites for some services and through our users’ use of the Site or Services. This collection of data may include “Personal Information” such as name, address, email address, phone or fax number, age, social media information, job title, credentials, affiliation or organization. This can also include inquires made to the Site and/or content you share on the Site.
It can also include the collection of “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” through tracking systems. This includes information about your devices, including your IP address, location of the device, browser information, operating system, usage data, pages you visited on the Site, tally page views throughout our Sites, or other technical identifiers. In market research studies, we may track what computers respond to a survey. This information enables us to better provide Services and content and to respond to our users' needs. It also is used to help our advertisers and sponsors to better understand the demographics of our audience.
- Registration: Some services require user registration. For the registration process, we may require information such as, name, address, e-mail address, zip code, and other profession information such as education background, field of study, current position, and practice area. Registration will provide you with choices regarding the types of newsletters and other information we send. By registering and consenting you agree that we may send you emails and other communications regarding information specific to our Service(s) or other opportunities we may provide.
- Forums: If you use a forum where you share information with other users, these discussions are open to the public. Any information that you provide on a forum may be collected by us and/or by third parties.
- Market Research: When you participate in market research studies and surveys for us or on behalf of third party sponsors, in addition to the responses you choose to provide, you may be asked to provide Personal Information.
- Continuing Medical Education: By participating in Continuing Medical Education (CME) or a Continuing Education (CE) activity through the Site you may be asked to provide Personal Information. Additionally, there may be data collected and stored regarding credits that you earn, on-line participation and activity.
2. Use of the information
We may use your information for any lawful business purpose, including, but not limited to, corresponding with you, providing announcements, offering or furnishing products and services, personalizing the types of information you receive from us, assessing trends in your use of the Sites, developing content and functionality that helps us better serve your needs, improving the services we provide and engaging in advertising and marketing activities. In addition, here are some examples of the ways in which we may use information:
- To respond to your questions;
- To confirm or fulfill purchase and/or registration requests;
- To provide to you the services, events, subscriptions, or information you requested;
- To send you information about third party services through pop-ups, banners and emails.
- To target advertising and marketing communication to your interests and geographic location;
- To conduct and administer tests, surveys, sweepstakes, competitions and/or similar promotions;
- To contact you regarding CME/CE activities, news, or other resources and to advise you of products or services that may be available;
- To display content we think may be of interest to you and customize your visit to the Site and with communications;
- To notify you about website maintenance, updates, and new features;
- To send and manage educational outcomes measurement surveys;
- To get your feedback to assess user-satisfaction or other needs and interests;
- To perform information analysis, compliance audits, and data metrics;
- To evaluate the use and the effectiveness of the Services that we offer which can include the effectiveness of content, advertising or programs; and to help us create new tools, features, and services and improve our Site, content, and Services;
- To provide required reporting on CME/CE activity to the appropriate monitoring bodies and involved CME/CE providers;
- To study our CME/CE activities for effectiveness and understand educational needs;
- To maintain archival records of your participation for historical and research purposes, subject to retention limits imposed by applicable laws;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations; and
- Otherwise in rendering, administering, and improving the Site, our Services, and our business.
3. Sharing of the Information
We may share your information.
- Business Administration: We use third party service providers that help facilitate, manage, and/or analyze our Services (including web servers, cloud storage systems and service providers, support teams, web analysis, and others). These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these Services are subject to contractual obligations to maintain such information confidential subject to certain exceptions. However, these third parties operate under their own privacy policies, and we are not responsible for those policies.
- Legal Requirements: We may share your information as necessary to comply with applicable legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legal requirements, as is necessary and permitted by applicable laws to protect and defend our rights or the rights of our users or third parties; or as is permitted under applicable laws to meet national security and similar requirements;
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates, Business Transfers: We may share any information that is collected with our subsidiaries and affiliates subject to the terms of this Policy. We reserve the right to disclose, share or otherwise transfer any information to our affiliates or to a third party in a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our assets, or other fundamental corporate change, whatever form it may take;
- Voluntary Consent: We may share your information to the extent you have voluntarily agreed or are clearly notified of and consent to by using the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
- Market Research: If you consent to participate in a market study or survey, the information you provide is intended to give specific anonymous feedback to third parties. When you take part in such market research studies, your identity as a participant may be shared but your contact information will not be disclosed and your answers will remain anonymous. Collected information will not be shared in a manner that is correlated to your Personal Information. However, if you receive payment for your participation, we may be required to share your Personal Information with the Sponsor of the study for their bookkeeping records and reporting requirements.
- Advertisers and Sponsors: We may provide your Personal Information and/or Non-Personally Identifiable Information with our current or prospective advertisers and other business partners. This may include your name, your occupation, your title, your e-mail address, and/or some information so that the advertiser may evaluate your engagement as well as the performance of its campaign.
- CME/CE: We may share your Personal Information with the accreditors of our continuing education programs. Our Sponsors of continuing medical education activities may receive aggregated data about the activities they support in order to evaluate participation and outcomes measurement.
4. Retaining the Information
We retain Personal Information in accordance with our general practices and as required or permitted by law. We will store your Personal Information only for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes set out above.
5. Users Outside of the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. By using our Site or providing us with your Personal Information, you are transferring your information to us in the United States where we collect, store and process that information. We may provide information to the United States government or its agencies under applicable law. We may process your information and transfer it to other countries where our staff or third-party service providers are located. By using this Site and Services, and/or submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this collecting, processing, and storing of your data to and in the United States,
Individuals Located in the European Union: Your Choices
If you are within the European Union or provide Personal Information through this Website while located in the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain options under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) related to your Personal Information.
If you consent to the processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. You are entitled to request additional specific information regarding the processing of your Personal Information, including requesting access to, correction of, and deletion of your Personal Information from our databases. You can also restrict the processing of your data and/or request that your information be provided in a portable format. You may also request that your data be transferred to you or a third party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the GDPR.
We may use your data for marketing purposes or disclose your information to any third party for such purposes with your consent that you may provide, for example by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment. We will inform you prior to collecting or using your Personal Information for any purpose not set forth in this Privacy Notice or previously consented to.
To update your preferences and consents, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, you may contact us at via e-mail at [email protected].
6. Third-Party Sites
Our Sites may provide links to third party websites and resources. Such links are provided as a convenience to you and for informational purposes only. We do not endorse them and are not responsible for and cannot control these third-party websites and resources, does not endorse them, and are not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services. Additionally, our Sites may contain social media widgets including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and other features that may collect data and/or utilize cookies. Third party sites and resources are not bound by this Policy; they may have their own policies or none at all. We encourage you to read such other third-party websites' privacy policies.
When you register with us, you may be prompted to opt-in to additional Service(s). Opting-in means you agree and consent to receive information relevant to the Service you selected, whether it is sent directly by us or sent by us on behalf of our advertisers. You may unsubscribe from the opt-in lists at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained at the end of the e-mail you receive.
8. Managing your Information
We are dedicated to providing privacy on the Internet. If you wish to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information as described herein for marketing purposes, please contact us to opt out at [email protected] or at the address below.
In addition, we have provided you the opportunity to opt out of future ad serving cookies. In order to identify you as someone who has elected to opt out of receiving future cookies from ad serving companies, we will place an opt out cookie on your machine. If you would like to opt out of ad serving cookies or read additional information about these cookies, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may unsubscribe to any of our email communications at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every email we send. If you no longer wish to use any services or receive any information from us, you may request to have your personal information removed from our databases. You may also request changes or corrections to your information may be submitted.
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, including your first and last name; home or other physical address; e-mail address; phone number; and any identifier that enables you to be contacted online. To make this request, Nevada residents may contact us at 833-240-5638.
9. Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website and Services are designed and intended for use by adults. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
While we will maintain the security of Personal Information, and protect the integrity of such information, with a commercially reasonable degree of care, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. If a breach occurs will take action to stop further data loss or unauthorized access, investigate how the breach occurred, and when appropriate contact law enforcement and/or government agencies. We do not make any warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will be able to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, or alteration of information you provide to us. We disclaim any and all liability for unauthorized access or use or compromise of your Personal Information to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws. You make any disclosure of information to us at your own risk. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the internet, including when visiting the Site.
11. Contact Information
Multimedia Healthcare Communications, LLC
2 Clarke Drive
Cranbury, NJ 08512